Friday, December 7, 2012

My Mission

Hello Everyone! This is a blog I have created for an Intro to Women's Studies course I have been taking this semester at Bowling Green State University. This blog is part of my final assignment and will be used as a place for me to share what I have learned in the course! I will be analyzing articles and pictures, as well as sharing stories, and much more! I will touch on topics such as intersectionality, patriarchy, feminism, sexism and heterosexism. With this blog, I also hope to give people a better understanding of what Women's Studies is. It's not the study of the female body parts, as I have heard all too many people suggest. As well, you do not have to be a man-hating, hairy, lesbian in order to be a feminist and take a WS class. I have heard that one a lot too. Women's Studies courses are about learning where women once stood in society and the progress made. It also teaches you that there is still progress to be made: Women are still oppressed, patriarchy (male-centered and male-dominated) is still in effect, and we are nowhere near gender equality.

 I hope you enjoy what I have to say and are able to learn something from me, as I learned a lot from the  course  and am eager to share!




No comments:

Post a Comment